You love how a clean window lets the light shine so beautifully into your home. You don’t like the streaks when you try to clean them. Whilst it may seem like an impossible job to achieve that streak-free gleam, you can clean glass effectively with a few fundamental tips and simple tools. Here is the secret to a quick, easy clean.
Cleaning Windows and Mirrors
Many glass cleaning products promise a streak-free shine, not all of them deliver on that promise. You do not need to buy expensive products to get results. You may already have what you need on hand.
DIY Glass Cleaner #1
- Vinegar works nicely to clean glass surfaces. Measure an equal amount of vinegar and distilled water into a spray bottle. Tap water can leave mineral deposits behind causing streaks and spots.
DIY Glass cleaner #2
- Add three drops of your favourite liquid dish detergent to a gallon of distilled water. Spray or wipe this solution onto the glass in the same manner as the vinegar solution.
You may want to stop using paper towels to clean your glass surfaces. Paper towels leave lint behind that will cause streaks.
- Use a squeegee to wipe the solution away
- Wipe the squeegee between strokes with a lint-free cloth.
- Use one cloth for the squeegee blade and one for the window sills and corners
- If there are any streaks, buff them away with a dry lint-free cloth (like a cotton t-shirt), microfibre cloth, or a paper coffee filter
- Crumpled newspaper can also be used to buff away streaks. You may want to wear gloves to protect your hands from the ink.
Soap residue mixes with the minerals in your water and can be difficult to remove. You can easily restore your glass shower screen to its streak-free brilliance without harsh chemicals.
- Add a cup of fabric softener to a litre of distilled water. Spray the mixture and rinse it off with warm water. If you do not have a liquid fabric softener, try wiping the shower screen with a wet dryer sheet.
- A magic eraser can easily remove the residue that soap and water will leave behind on your glass shower screen. Simply wet the eraser sponge and wipe away the build up.
We know glass. When you need friendly, reliable service in Maryborough, Queensland, contact Heritage City Glass and Glazing. No job is too big or too small. We work with you to provide the highest-quality products and services to your specifications.